1. SHIPPING. All shipping requests have been made, and all XOs should be on their way. For US residents, you should already have your XOs; if not, please contact me. For international folks, XOs have shipped, but I still have no tracking information. As soon as I get it, I will let you know. If you have any doubts about whether you’ve been selected or whether a laptop is on its way to you, please contact me: gdk at the hat of red dot com.
2. TESTING DATES. We will continue to do testing into the month of November. Please consult the schedule for more details.
3. SCHEDULING TESTING TIME. This was a good idea, but not good enough. Rather than focusing on having people sign up for particular test times, we’d rather have people sign up for test teams instead. Test teams focus on particular areas of functionality that interest them. Please sign up for a testing team on the Roll Call page. Each team needs a lead, team members, and meeting times. Let’s work over the next few days to firm these up.
4. THE MASTER PLAN. The Master Plan knows all and sees all. The Master Plan is wise. The Master Plan is The Ultimate Authority. The Master Plan is also subject to change, which means that the wise tester should Subscribe to The Master Plan. Nothing exists outside of The Master Plan. That said, if The Master Plan is confusing, let me know so we can fix it.
5. PROGRESS. So far, out of necessity, we’ve been spending most of our time working on performance issues. Thanks to everyone who has helped us figure this out. Lots of feedback on performance issues here; if you have anything to add, please do so.
Let us all continue to rock so hard now!