Our demo day for milestone 6 was yesterday, and it was choice. We’re at feature completeness at this point, and we’re now on final approach for release sometime Soon-ish, as soon as we shake out all the code nasties. We’ve got some good stuff to show off on Vimeo. The basic transcript:
- 0:00 Eric Choi, Product Mktg Manager, with agenda/housekeeping.
- 1:25 Tim Cramer, VP of Engineering, sets the table for demos.
- 3:45 Yours Truly, VP of Community, talks (a little too long) about Eucalyptus compatibility with the AWS Ruby SDK.
- 16:00 Vic Iglesias, QA Lead, talks about EucaLobo, an amazing fork of ElasticWolf that provides an autoscaling UI for both Eucalyptus and AWS. (Watch this one twice; it’s really the star of the show.)
- 24:40 Vic Iglesias talks about Micro-QA, the self-contained environment for running automated testing on Eucalyptus installations.
- 31:30 Chris Grzegorczyk, Co-founder and Chief Architect, shows Asgard and other NetflixOSS tools running on Eucalyptus.
- 41:25 David Kavanagh, Senior Engineer, shows tagging and other latest updates to the Eucalyptus 3.3 User Console.
- 45:00 Colby Dyess, Partner Manager, shows Eucalyptus compatibility with the AWS Toolkit for Eclipse.
Exciting, and more proof that when it comes to AWS compatibility in a private IaaS, we’re the only game in town.